INCREASE AWARENESS Goals
- Ovarian cancer is the deadliest of all gynecologic cancers. The statistics for survival rates of women diagnosed with late stage ovarian cancer have changed little in 35 years.
- Provide information about symptoms of ovarian cancer
- Provide websites about ovarian cancer that are relevant and informative
- September Awareness Month. Local businesses join us in our awareness campaign.
INCREASE FUNDING Goals/activity
- Flock the Yard – This is our annual fundraiser. Adopt a teal flamingo for $20; support No to O. Each ” adopted” flamingo will be placed in the front yard of the Broyhill Historic Events Center in Clemmons, NC with your name (or business name) on it.
- Local businesses join us in Sptember (Ovarian Cancer Awareness Month) and donate a percentage of a days sale.
- Our primary goals are to help ovarian cancer patients/survivors who are in need to have more individual help while they are dealing with the often times harsh treatments of this disease.
- Raising awareness and funds for much-needed ovarian cancer research. One in seventy-five women will be diagnosed with ovariain cancer in her lifetime, and 80% of ovarian cancer diagnoses are in the advanced stages.